Political correctness is not a defense for being offended

There have been times on my journey, where I have faced many racial dilemmas or subtle racial bias. There were times I have to request close friends of mine stop using the N**** word when referring to me or calling other friends I knew this, even if it was only within conversation. There have been times when people have tried to justify there racial views, by using age, ignorance or misunderstanding as a defence. can I make it clear, that as a Black lady, I can more often than not read between the lines, and can work out for myself if you have any hate based motivation for your actions or comments.
Whether it is printed in a paper, a subtle whisper, a Facebook Comment, this all shows your true feelings on the matter of race, and you should be aware that it makes it clear to those of a different nationality your true stance on race relations.
Don't try and patronise me and make your actions seem defensible by placing the blame on my reaction. It is truly shocking and almost crazy to assume, that if you say something or do something offensive. If I am then offended by your actions I am racially sensitive.
You have to be kidding me? I am 100% aware of my history and respect what people had to do to get me where I am today, and there is no way I am going to let people mess up that path with unsubtle racism, and then act indignant to an offended reaction. No I won't sit quiet if you make an offensive joke about an Asian person, make a sexist joke about women so don't call me PC mad because I won't.

NO I won't let you make silly comments like "my dog is not used to black people" and expect me to not read the racism in the comment, when we know dogs don't see colour like we do..
By the way as far as I am aware political correctness, is when people take things too far in trying to appease people, by making innocuous things like fairy tales offensive. This I agree has to stop and I encourage you to speak up about it  
 Please can you stop trying to act like when I am offended by the phrasing of a word, or by the
misuse of a certain cartoon characters etc, that I am just being politically correct. This is more insulting than your actual blatant (though you thought it was rather subtle) use of racism. You may use this anti political correctness badge as a defence against your words, actions or deeds, but don't you dare use it to try and nullify my feelings or opinions.
If your intention was based on hate based racism, then that's is what I will notice, that is what I will be offended by and so political correctness has gone mad, cannot be an excuse for your choice.
Please consider this the next time you decide to do something which is completely offensive, and in which you have no excuse, age, ignorance and misunderstandings aside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear for the silent victims in the long standing police brutality tale

Are we tired yet? nothing is changing... returning to our roots ..if we can find them

Fetishising the black body, BBC, BBB and other roles we play in them - some adult themes