Books about black history books

I discovered along this journey how difficult it was to find a lot of black history books, sometimes they had faded into obscurity, or they were not available in my local stores. when I was old enough to search on the internet, still some of the books I was interested in eluded me.

when I began this journey, I only had an inkling of what to look for, as one slave narrative opened a chapter to another segment of Black History. It wasn't until a very good friend of mine, gave me her most prized possession to help me on my Journey. This book is called

"The Norton Anthology of American Literature" fifth edition volume 1. This is a very cherished book, as it contains a lot of slave narratives, and parts of well know slave anthologies. However I found out there was an African- American version, and this is  still a longed for addition to my collection of books. 

Another book I have used in my time, to discover new books and information. some of the books in this edition were hard to find, but you may have better luck.

"The Concise Oxford Companion to African American Literature" by  William L Andrews, Frances Smith Foster and Trudier Harris

I will be using this book to find more Black History books to buy and share, and I will let you know more on this as I go
The Concise Oxford Companion to African American Literature


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear for the silent victims in the long standing police brutality tale

Are we tired yet? nothing is changing... returning to our roots ..if we can find them

Fetishising the black body, BBC, BBB and other roles we play in them - some adult themes