Here and Now


I have travelled along this journey for a long time and I feel I should share some of the books, films and resources that have helped me along the way. I will let you know if it will shock or appal you. What you might learn and what insight it has given me. I will also let you know about my personal heroes and hopefully inspire you to find some too.
Whether you are a beginner or an expert on this interesting trip into the world of black history please share your thoughts and experiences, I will try and teach you what I have learned and hope you will be kind enough to do the same. The next blog will be about books, experiences etc.


Unfortunately I can’t give a specific date on when I read these books, but I will sure try to be as specific in detail as possible. I am not recommending these books /films/resources over others, but these are the ones I have used in reading about black history both abroad and in the UK. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fetishising the black body, BBC, BBB and other roles we play in them - some adult themes

Are we tired yet? nothing is changing... returning to our roots ..if we can find them

Fear for the silent victims in the long standing police brutality tale