Uncle Tom's Cabin Harriet Beecher Stowe



This was a book I discovered around 17/18 years old, and it was a hard book to read. There were tears, there was anger, and there was remorse. I sometimes had to step away from this book, as it made me lose control emotionally, and there wasn't really an appropriate outlet. I believe this book made me start doubting my Christianity, and also question humanity.  I had to after reading this book make a conscious effort to stop reading black history books, which never seemed to make me feel very positive about our society.

It took me another good few years before I came back and started reading, and enjoying the stories of our ancestors and remarkable tales of courage, fortitude and strength.


I found it hard to distinguish between the present and the past. Although this book is made up, it is a combination of real stories and facts from that time. I do recommend reading it, but I feel I should warn those who are not as well read about slavery to take a rest, when it gets too heavy.
Uncle Tom's Cabin Audio Book Harriet Beecher Stowe MP3 CD ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear for the silent victims in the long standing police brutality tale

Are we tired yet? nothing is changing... returning to our roots ..if we can find them

Fetishising the black body, BBC, BBB and other roles we play in them - some adult themes