How I Got Into Reading..And Additional Posts About My Current Reading Books/Styles

I love reading, and I miss those days when I could spend my afternoons, snuggled up with a good book. I was ready to dive into a new adventure, travel internationally, and fall in love with some antihero. 

I didn't get into books until I was in my early teens, before this it was playing outside, television, and the internet. It wasn't until one summer, our T.V broke, and we were in the middle of the summer holidays. I wasn't able to sink into my favourite programme. 
The only books lying about were the old Mills and Boons, and once I read one, I managed to read over 150 of them. I started collecting them, and had a catalogue of books, and even knew how many times I thumbed through a book. I am the type who can re-read the same book, numerous times. I might know the plot, but then the next time I read it, I can enjoy it more, and understand the twists and turns. I may have missed earlier. 
I fell in love with romance, I was too timid at 14 to read murder mysteries, but I did find my love of reading. I read pretty much all the romance books in my local library, and our school library. When I turned 17 and was able to buy my books. Borders, Water stones, Amazon and WHSmith, were places of fascination for me. My favourite authors at the time were Nora Roberts, Jill Mansell, Penny Jordan, Brenda Jackson, I couldn't read them fast enough. 

I eventually got brave enough to venture onto murder mysteries, and managed to collect a whole heap of these too, but we have long since parted ways.  I love books and reading, and will keep you posted on this and other ventures.

I dreamt of having an old fashioned library  filled with books I knew intimately. I once had a collection of over 800 books, but time and life changes meant I had to depart with them. unfortunately I didn't keep a list of books i read and enjoyed, so I can't share these with you.

I am going to review books that I read, and books I have read in the past if I remember them here too. I will also tell you about some rare finds and brilliant writers I have discovered along the way. I don't want to detract too much from my Black History Blogging, so when I post about modern books. I will post it as additional reading materials.

I am not going to deny, that I have had an interesting time, reading about romances that starred black people, and which were well written. I have enjoyed the romances, despite who starred in them, but sometimes you need a story about a fine brother or a cool sister, for more insight. I will give you information on this books too, both new and old. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear for the silent victims in the long standing police brutality tale

Are we tired yet? nothing is changing... returning to our roots ..if we can find them

Fetishising the black body, BBC, BBB and other roles we play in them - some adult themes