Frederick Douglass- His Slave Narrative

 


This is another slave narrative that I have read in my time, it is both powerful and inspiring, as he talks about his journey from slavery to freedom. He was born into slavery, and was destined to die as a slave. He learnt to read and write and he was eventually married into freedom.
For a true testament, of a man's natural urge for freedom, how slavery was a tool of oppression and fear. Read Frederick Douglass’s narrative, this is available at most book shops and online stores.
There are other books available which talk about his life, achievements and more.


As I find them and read them I will add them also to my blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear for the silent victims in the long standing police brutality tale

Are we tired yet? nothing is changing... returning to our roots ..if we can find them

Fetishising the black body, BBC, BBB and other roles we play in them - some adult themes