We are in mortal danger... right?

Reading a book my husband brought as he knows my fascination with black history.  Sorry for the delay as I took a writing hiatus with depressing but interesting times ahead. I found
it difficult knowing what to say.  Over the last few months I have seen a change in . people's stance on race.
Political parties and companies alike are no longer worried about the stigma of racism.
.that word is losing its power to horrify and people are feeling more justified in their cause.  I wonder how civil rights activist who died for the cause are rolling in their grave and the worrying precedent  that's starting to replace tolerance,  respect and perspective. 
Maybe I am too young or too naive to be so surprised at the turn around of peoples views.  Its always been around and I for one am glad immigration lets people express their real hidden contempt for those different to ourselves.
It stems from a source  of fear, of losing something or lacking definition.  As i look around it can be a sense of worry and cynicism that clouds my view.  Most if not all of us have been killed or hurt because of racism.  Yet here we go again
Have those lessons really been learnt?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are we tired yet? nothing is changing... returning to our roots ..if we can find them

Fetishising the black body, BBC, BBB and other roles we play in them - some adult themes

Racism is not as bad here...hmmm??